> > [Krimel]
> > Isn't "raiding of Social Security" just borrowing from it? It is not
> as
> > though the money just gets spent with no accounting.

> The difference is that in stealing the principal you've also stolen the
> possiblity for interest and even if you pay back the principal, you will
> never replace the interest.  SS was intended to be a trust.  No one
> uses that term anymore.  (Speaking for myself, if a thief leave me
> a receipt for the watch he steals from me, I'm still saying he stole
> it.)

Excellent analysis, Mel. Social Security was a scam from the beginning when
it was sold as "insurance." What it amounts to is "spreading the wealth"
whereby younger, working stiffs trying to keep body and soul together get
bullied into handing over some of their hard earned money to old geezers
regardless of their supposed "need."

The other points in your post were equally well taken.

Thanks,
Platt