the aesthetic response is known only to man?
i dunno platt.

i think the concept of the aesthetic response is known only to man but
aesthetic response is another definition of immediate experience, the value
aspect inseparable from immediate experience, and immediate experience is
definitely not the sole province of man, in fact man is uniquely disadvantaged
here.

perhaps man is unique in experiencing aesthetic arrest, that is the joycean (i
think) concept of an aesthetic response which smacks the individual out of
dualistic awareness.

and i think this is all off topic.
i would like to hear what you think about david suzuki talking about the
environment and the economy.