Wes, all,

Right. The immortal lila is biological. Phaedrus recalls seeing Lila
before only not Lila the single private person. What he remembers
seeing is the lila who inhabits Lila for a while and then moves on.
Biological cells are billions of years old while Lila has only been
alive a short while. In comparison, yes, lila is immortal. I would
hesitate to call that perfection, however, as you yourself say the
eternal is continuously undergoing improvement. If lila is absolute
perfection, then no improvement is possible.

And yes, I believe Robert Pirsig said that he was aware of the li-la
in Hindu philosophy but that is not why he named the character Lila.

Thank you.

--
http://www.danglover.com