Kev:
I was not discounting Heidegger's philosophy because of his Nazi
sympathizing, I mention it merely for the sake of "tweaking".  But while most
of the great "thinkers" ran from the Third Reich, a la Freud, or danced
around it for the sake of self-preservation, a la Jung, or were wrongfully
accused of culpability, a la posthumous Neitzsche, I can think of no greater
celebrity thinker who truly embraced it.  And after the fact H states the
error of his ways as a "blunder".  My ex-fiance describes our past
relationship as somewhat of a "blunder' on her part, although in much more
colorful terms.  But that doesn't make her any less responsible.

Clarke