Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: MD Reccomended Reading

Hello this is my first post. I thought it would be a good moment to mention a
book that I have just finished called "Finite and infinite games" By Carsi.
It has quote from pirsig on the back, this is what caught my attention as I
had just finished ZMM and LILA this year.   The structure or rules that Carsi
lays out in his book has some similarites to Pirsigs works. I have also
noticed the usage of chess as a metaphor in Pirsigs work. Myself being a
nationally ranked chess master and life long devotee to the game cant help
but try to bring up this dimenson of the MQ.