Dear Caroline,
if I understood correctly what you need, I guess you have two options:
- in tpsDig2 the "Save screen as..." option in the "File" menu
- to print your current screen (under Windows normally you have a "Stamp" key in the keyboard)
Best,
Carmelo

Caroline Judy <caroline.duf...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Dear MORPHMET group,

I am a new user of the program tpsDIG2, and have a general question that I
hope you can help me address.

I need to make a linear measurement of a single character on a series of
specimen photographs. I have set the scale bar and made the measurement for
several of the specimens, and I see that the measurement for each gets
added to the tps file. However, I would like to save  an image of the the
trace of the measurement (i.e. the black line) on the photograph, so I can
have a permanent record of how the measurement was made. This black line
does not appear to save on the image file - when I click to the next
specimen, and then go back to the original specimen, the trace is gone.

Is there a way to save the image of the measurement's trace? Or, is there a
better way to save a (visual) record of a linear measurement?

Thanks very much for any help!

Caroline D. Judy, PhD candidate
Louisiana State University

Carmelo Fruciano
Marie Curie Fellow - University of Konstanz - Konstanz, Germany
Honorary Fellow - University of Catania - Catania, Italy
e-mail c.fruci...@unict.it
http://www.fruciano.it/research/