I have used a few examples from Reading Reasons at the middle school and
students are riveted to the overhead when I show them things like pay scales
and what a high school degree means in terms of earning power over a lifetime.
 I like to use it to open lessons about independent reading and why we
continually "hound" them to read.

Barb