I teach fourth grade now, but taught second grade for the past three years.
Incorporating technology into reading workshop is relatively easy. Here are a
few examples:

  Books on tape/CD
  Books on CD Rom for the computer
  Students reading aloud into a cassette recorder, MP3 player, or computer
Sentence strips on the overhead
  Powerpoint for sight words (I think someone in this group has done this)
  Read aloud using a document projector and television
  Textmapping (The teacher copies the text using a copy machine)
  Reading text on a powerpoint presentation created by the class.
  Reading online
  Watching streaming video of a read aloud online
  Reading A-Z (Teacher downloads and prints books, lessons, worksheets, etc)

  This is just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

Terri Gorsulowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

I am a second grade reading teacher. How can technology be used in the reading
workshop for teachers and/or students? Any ideas????
I use technology when teaching, but how do we get the students more involved?

Terri Gorsulowsky

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org