Joy----I need to address all the compnents of word
knowledge--from letter names, sounds, formations---to
word enrichment (sorting,synonyms, antonyms---all
these and also infuse it a "Reading First" program
that focuses on narrow knowledge aquisition and
testing.

what I like about the minilessons is the ability to
customize lessons for individual students easily---cut
and paste even on the computer is time consuming!  And
I can do differnt minilessons for different kids and
have appropriate manipulatives for practice readily
available.   The lessons seem to be a combination of
all the best things from a variety of programs such as
project read, 4 blocks, CELL, etc,  I need to teach
hands on and feel that students are learning when
working independtly---Well  i may have rambled---but
what do you think now??  The resources cd apparently
comes in doc format so that it is easily modifiable.

olga