Sorry I'm so late to respond.  Do not go with Scott Foresman.   Our district
has it.   I'm a first grade teacher and the reading level  isn't appropriate
for the middle or low students.  In January, my students  were to read Frog and
Toad.  Most were not ready for  a J reading  level.  The leveled readers
appear to look good, however, when you begin to  use them, the lower level
readers
are meant to be read together because your low  students can't read them.
They are almost all expository text so I need to  supplement to discuss story
elements.  I can't think of one positive thing  to say about the program.  The
spelling is to hard.  Kindergarten does  all the short vowels and my students
are struggling to grasp long vowels.   There phonics component is weak even if
they say you need to practice more in  groups.  Also, this program wants you
to teach reading mostly in  groups.  There is a lot of copying of decodable
readers.

My students are inner-city students and they are having a hard time
mastering skills that used to be taught in 2nd grade.

Please look closely at the program before you buy it.  The support  they
promise is lacking also.  They sit and talk to us, but they are of  little
help.
I am very disappointed, because I liked there other  program.  They don't like
Fountas and Pinnell's guided reading.

I would not recommend this program to anyone.  This is our first year,  and
all the teachers K-5 are counting down till we can select another  program.

Hope this helps.
http://www.aol.com.