I wonder if it isn't also effectively addressed when punctuation and sentence
structure is taught as a composition skill in
writing workshop.  Katie Ray talks about this, how making these decisions as a
WRITER informs your READER and maintains
your MESSAGE.  So if we get beyond thinking about periods, commas, clauses and
phrases as an editing issue and help kids
think of them naturally as composition tools, won't that positively impact them
as readers as well?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 07:00:01 EDT , [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent: