Linda (and others!),

Thanks SO much for this detailed response!  It sounds
like this is an awesome plan that has worked really
well for everyone, and I am going to recommend this
book to a friend who is in need of this.  When
everyone started buzzing about it, I popped onto
Stenhouse and reviewed the contents.  It didn't look
like a book I needed, (since I am short on $$ and
shelf space!) and you confirmed that.  I do a modified
version of "The First 20 Days of Reading"  where I
work on what you have discussed, plus my own
procedures...it's actually one area I'm NOT
continually revamping!

You bring up such a great point about this earlier
modeling.  I was just discussing this with a
colleague.  She was unhappy with her Reading Workshop,
and then she spent that extra time in Sept. modeling,
charting, revisiting procedures, etc., and it totally
paid off.

Thanks again,
Lisa :o)
2/3 IL