From: Beverlee Paul
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 1:16 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Students who don't learn to read

Okay, now I have a serious inquiry. We have managed to stay out of the way
of good old AR for many years, but "acquired" it with our new principal 3
years ago. On a national norm-referenced test (which we no longer give),
how would you say the correlation would be between that and the STAR test?
The teachers in my school say that the STAR is wildly inaccurate. From your
experience (all of you), what would you say about the reliability and
validity of the STAR?

The students are not taking a norm-referenced test. They are taking the
STAR test. The figures I provided are the % of students who scored below
73% on the tests. The students are graded on the % correct. As our
district has told us in the past, every student could (one administrator
said should) score 90%.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org