Karen Ernst is a visual literacy expert.  She wrote this book:

Picturing Learning: Artists & Writers in the Classroom by Karen Ernst

I saw her speak some years ago at a literacy conference at Hamlin University
in St. Paul, MN.  Her session focused us on the use of art--really
visualizing--as a pre-step to writing. I really enjoyed the conference but
now I wonder how I would reprocess that information, having read Mosaic and
actively taught visualization and sensory imagery as a comprehension
strategy.

Lori

--
Lori Jackson