How is a gifted class if you have to teach the basal and in a certain order?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] gifted cluster class

I have just found out that I will be teaching the third grade gifted cluster
class.  We are required to use a basal and must teach the stories in a
particular order.  I want to teach the students about thick and thin
questions, as a way of extending their knowledge of the stories read.  Does
anyone have any other suggestions?
This is the first time that I will have the gifted class.

Rosie