I think that you are right to want the children/teachers to have the
opportunity to use the format, but maybe not the same books.  Have you
discussed with your Literacy Coach the idea of maybe having a day where the
other grades could look at this, then come back together with books that they
think might also make for great lessons.  This way they could see the format,
but have the opportunity to look through their books and think of ones that
could work.  It would also give everyone a chance to ask questions and maybe
solidify some ideas for themselves. I think teachers often want to "copy" while
they get their feet wet for fear of doing it "wrong."  If they have a chance to
discuss why the books might/might not be good for these lessons they would feel
more confident using different books, but the same format.  I think that having
your "blue print" in front of them would make the task easier as they make
their own lessons and this way you are sharing, but also giving them
 and your literacy coach a chance to create their own lesson.

  Karen
  1st/MI

Angela Almond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The literacy facilitator wants me to share the file folder lesson with
third grade so they can start doing it. Am I being selfish in not wanting
to? What do other schools do when all grade levels are on the same page?
Do they all do the same lessons? I know you can use different texts but
the exact same lessons????? I'm very torn on this issue. I want to be a
team player but at the same time, I have spent a lot of time and effort
researching, reading, and planning and feel that I may need to start over
if third grade begins to do the same thing I'm doing.

Please don't bash me for asking. I am honestly trying to figure out what
is best for the students.

Thanks in advance!

Angela Hatley Almond
Fourth Grade