Angela, Ah!  New computer...please ignore last
response if it went through!
Anyway...thanks for posting your procedure.  I do a
similar lesson, but not with the laminated folders,
which is brilliant! It was a neat twist to add the
"trash" pocket...I think I may "borrow" that if you
don't mind! ;o) I generally use the Solar System for
my lesson, and I do use fiction and non.  BTW...could
you use "Private I. Guana" by Nina Laden as a fun
fiction read aloud to tie into your nonfiction iguana
lesson?  It's not rich, deep text...but it is fun! :o)
Lisa
2/3 IL