As NCLB hovers over my district and many more schools (including mine) were
placed on AYP we are looking for solutions.
Some people are recommending that we look at a program called Making
Meaning.
I skimmed a lesson and thought it basalized comprehension instruction.
Someone also said that Keene and Zimmermann were consulted. This is what I
copied from the website:

The Making MeaningĀ® program is based on current research findings including
those of Michael Pressley, P. David Pearson, Nell Duke, and Isabel Beck. It
also draws on portraits of successful teachers and classrooms, including
those described by Lucy McCormick Calkins, Ellin Oliver Keene, and Susan
Zimmermann. Making MeaningĀ® is highly congruent with the findings of the
National Reading Panel.

This is not the same as created by Zimmerman and Keene.
Does anyone know more about this program?