I observed some wonderful work focusing on fluency.  In a computer lab at
one of our schools, they are using Garage Band to allow kids to read
works--their own and that of others--into the program.  They purchased these
snazzy headsets that are both microphone and headphones, allowing an entire
roomful of kids to record simultaneously.  The microphones are sensitive
enough to pretty much only pick up the voice of the speaker.  The children
play back and re-record until they are satisfied.  Most recently I watched
them recording original Halloween poetry, which they later added spooky
soundtracks and sound effects to!  I thought about how this technology could
support teachers in assessment--and recently demonstrated to a miscue class
how to use the technology to capture the audio recording they will need to
miscue.

Lori