We have purchased the package to use the online assessment program with DRA2,
but we have not started using it yet. Our first "job" will be to enter all
student scores from last May. We realize that if we asked individual teachers
to enter the scores we might get it done quicker, but decided our literacy team
would do it since noone has ever used it in the school. We had a 1/2 of release
time to meet as a team last week, but there were too many other things of the
agenda. We are just one charter school-whole districts would obviously have
their own issues depending on how comfortable teachers are with technology.
When the district first created their information system, including inputting
DRA scores, all the teachers had to go get training, and input their DRA scores
at that time. Obviously tech has come a long way since then. -john