Many of the teachers in our school use the program. One of the authors
is the developer of the spelling component in Houghton-Mifflin, which
our county adopted a few years ago. We've been told we can use WTW
rather than what's in the program. That's good, because the program's
spelling is for the average kid, and with WTW you can group kids by
developmental level. In my 2nd grade classroom, I have 1/2 the class
doing Within Words (long-vowel spelling patterns) and 1/2 the class
doing Letter-Name (short vowels, digraphs, blends). I determined the
groups by giving the developmental spelling inventory in the WTW book.

I've also used this extensively in K and 1.

Melissa/VA/2nd