I agree with you Debbie. It makes perfect sense to give the spelling inventory
test and see exactly what students need. I haven't pulled groups yet. I am in
Grade 6 and I want to pilot it with anyone who wants to give it a go in our
middle school. We have readers at level 3.0 on our DRAs. Some of our teachers
needed to go into the K-3 DRA kit to assess students. So I think to move our
students forward at this level, WTW will be quite appropriate. If there is
someone on this list who would like to pilot it along with me, I would be
willing to chat with once a week or so, let me know. Maybe we can communcate
via a wiki space through Wetpaint.
I have given my students the upper spelling inventory so far and I am trying to
figure out where to go from here.
Thanks,
Michele Polselli NBCT
Literacy Coordinator & Grade 6 ELA & Humanities
(I don't want to take the focus away on the mosaic listserve because this site
is notable for comprehension strategies and when I read the email I hope it is
related to that.)
---- Debbie Goodis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I would also be interested. I'm using it, but I just started this year and I'm
only a little familiar. I love it though. It makes perfect sense. I gave the
spelling inventory test and it feels so great to know exactly what my students
need. We do the sorts, but I haven't pulled groups yet. I feel like it's a lot
of reading and I haven't had the time to read the book.
Debbie

Michele Polselli NBCT '06
Literacy Coordinator & Grade 6 ELA/Humanities Teacher
Portsmouth School Dept.
Portsmouth, RI 02871
[EMAIL PROTECTED]