I have set up a yahoo group called
'wordstheirway' if anyone wants to join. Just go to the yahoo groups page
http://groups.yahoo.com/
and type in 'wordstheirway'
Everyone is welcome. I am hoping we can share what we are doing in the
classroom at all levels.
Michele Polselli NBCT '06
Literacy Coordinator & Grade 6 ELA/Humanities Teacher
Portsmouth School Dept.
Portsmouth, RI 02871
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---- Amy Swan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
You all might consider checking out www.proteacher.net

I'm sure that you could set up a discussion "room" about WTW by asking one of
the ProTeacher admins. It's a really fantastic site with great conversations
and ideas. I'm sure that there are lots of teachers with questions as well as
lots with ideas/suggestions!

*There are already some really interesting "rooms" set up for discussions about
picture books, Debbie Miller, Reading Essentials, National Board Certification,
poetry, Responsive Classroom, etc...

:) Amy

Amy Swan
3rd Grade Teacher
Cedar Creek Elementary
(913)780-7360
CHECK OUT OUR CLASS WEBPAGE!! http://teachers.olathe.k12.ks.us/~aswancc/

>>> Debbie Goodis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/12/07 5:25 PM >>>
Melissa, I would like to be invited to chat somewhere with anyone using WTW. I
have always loved the idea and the book and now that I have our reading program
"under my belt" I feel I can add this and still stay withing our OC reading
program. I don't know what all the sorts are --- open, blind??? Not sure yet, I
am reading the book but it's a lot right now. We do the sorts all together, so
time isnt being wasted, the kids are playing with the patterns.

Debbie

Melissa Kile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Many of the teachers in our school use
the program. One of the authors
is the developer of the spelling component in Houghton-Mifflin, which
our county adopted a few years ago. We've been told we can use WTW
rather than what's in the program. That's good, because the program's
spelling is for the average kid, and with WTW you can group kids by
developmental level. In my 2nd grade classroom, I have 1/2 the class
doing Within Words (long-vowel spelling patterns) and 1/2 the class
doing Letter-Name (short vowels, digraphs, blends). I determined the
groups by giving the developmental spelling inventory in the WTW book.

I've also used this extensively in K and 1.

Melissa/VA/2nd

On Nov 11, 2007 4:46 PM, wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is currently using this
> program.?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is from the Olathe District Schools. The
message and any attachments may be confidential or privileged and are intended
only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are
not the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you
are not authorized to read, copy or distribute this message or any attachments.
We ask that you please delete this message and any attachments and notify the
sender by return email or by phone (913) 780-7000.