You are not off list

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Beverlee Paul
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:48 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] DRA 2 in Sept. for first graders

This is off-list, so it's just me.  I've never seen Pacific, but some of the
publishers just caught on to the marketing titles and size and forgot to do
anything of substance inside.  We have Rigby, Wright, National Geographic,
Rosen, Newbridge, Red Brick, Yellow Umbrella, and a few others.  Scholastic
works well with using a lexile index, but aren't written in the supportive
ways that Rigby is.  I also think Rigby is superior at the lower levels.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:02:57 -0500> To:
mosaic@literacyworkshop.org> Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] DRA 2 in Sept. for first
graders> > I like Rigby PM ... we have Pacific Learning and I'm
disappointed... not > enough difference between the gradients... I also like
trade books by scholastic > though their correlated levels don't really
match DRA... I think Scholastic > is a bit more difficult... but we are only
beginning our search... what do the > rest of you find?> > > >
**************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living. >
(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-du
ffy/> 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)>
go to>
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.> >
Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive. >