If you are wanting to use just one read aloud, and compare characters using a
VENN within that book, I would suggest a book titled Horns & Wrinkles by Joseph
Helgerson. It's a fantasy kids can lost in with a bunch of fun characters. It
will be easy to use 11 year-old Duke, Claire (Duke's cousin) who tells the
story, and maybe even a member of the troll clan for the third circle? I know
that students in 3rd through 6th have loved to hear the book read aloud. It's
even set in "early May," on the banks of the Mississippi river, which is muddy
& at flood stage!

john d