Gail thanks for this.  WE will have a EDM consultant on site all year so that
would be good but next year we are also being TOLD to follow to Bonnie Campbell
Hills developmental reading and writing continuums which are going to be
compulsory as well as the three pieces of evidence we must supply to show
mastery at a particular level (which must be kept in a very special folder
along with all the other compulsory assessment) , AND, we have the new levelled
libraries coming into our classroom, AND we have only the second year of using
DRA and we an accreditation...which means an outside body coming in and looking
at what we do as a school.  AND, I am a restitution trainer and next year we
have to inservice faculty on that AND last but not least we need to revamp all
our social studies/science units so that they are TRULY INQUIRY.  *Do't get me
wrong, I love it all, but implementing this all in one year...." oh my
goodness.   So, I guess when I saw the HUGE EDM packet, I just felt terrified.
I still feel terrified but now through all this writing and sharing with you
all, I am identifying the source.   I don't think you'll be hearing much from
me next year.  Oh, and by the way I taught a SUNY 30 credit point class on
Writer's notebook to teachers this year who just 'gobbled it up and then
offered to do another one on Lit Circles.  Now,get ready for this, I was told
that administration doesn't actually 'agree with Harvey Daniels and the classic
line  being, 'we don't want to confuse the teachers'...and how is this for the
top reason 'you're a little bit ahead of what everyone else is doing'.  So, you
are all my 'venting' place, the place where I seek clarification and support
for what I am doing, and most importantly part of the 'big picture outside of
here'.  I just love this group.  I love the comments.  The only problem for me
is when you are all on line at night, I am just starting the day here.  But, I
try and keep up.  And finally...finally I am going to be really strong, pull
myself away from here and take my coffee to the pool.  I know, I love to rub it
in...blue skies, 35 degrees Celsius, and a NO SCHOOL DAY...joy, oh joy.