As far as I have ever known the reading EOG was never based on MOT strategies.
The categories of questions just had similar labels - like connections.  The
test for the past 5 years and the new one this year has been based on Marzano.
Marzano fits very well with MOT, at least most of it.  Marzano includes more
than just thinking strategies.

Darcy
NC 5th grade