> I have an easel with chart paper already filled out
> with many pages of a T-chart I use (and wish EVERYONE would use, because it
> is SO POWERFUL!!!) that says: LOOKS LIKE on one side and SOUNDS LIKE on the
> other side.

T-charts are awesome!  When I made these with my grade 1 students last
year, I also took photos of the students modeling appropriate
behaviour and added those to the chart, since most students weren't
able to read plain text yet.

> I walked around the outside of the
> circle and asked them to show me what it would look like if they were doing
> Active Listening "on me" over here.  They all rotated their bodies and faced
> me.  Then I pointed to someone sitting over there on the carpet (say John)
> and said if we pretended he was sharing HIS thinking next how would it look
> to do Active Listening "on John".

I will definitely try this in September!

> I've got more to share but I'll send it in several emails.

I'm looking forward to it!

--
Lyndsay Buehler
Grade 1/ Music / Ontario, Canada

"There is no end to learning." -- Robert Schumann