Marketers making decisions educators would simply never be unethical enough
to make.

I guess one of the most sickening is Reading Mastery's language and writing
program.  Bears no resemblance to writing instruction.  Of course,
Corrective Reading's Comprehension instruction does not allow/require
children to read anything and that's what they do for a semester.  Their
eyes never see words!!  I guess we can't keep people from using our "words"
(such as metacognition) incorrectly or our concepts (such as writers'
workshop) incorrectly, but by golly it's libelous to portray something as
"endorsed/written/cooperatively created" by a person when they wouldn't
recognize them if they walked in the door.