When we are establishing rituals and routines at the beginning of the year,
we have the workshop represented by a pie graph: 10 minutes mini lesson, 40
minutes independent work/groups, 10 minutes share. We go over what the teacher
should be doing during this time and what the students should be doing. We
leave  it as an anchor chart for the students to refer to. If someone is off
task, we  ask what should you be doing now or are living up to your
responsibilities  during workshop. We do the same for writing workshop.
Sue

In a message dated 9/21/2008 10:13:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,