From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Beverlee Paul
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:40 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Guided Reading

Just a quick thought for now and I'll write more later.  If she hasn't
bought the books yet (Guided Reading), I'd suggest that the book that would
be even more valuable would be Teaching for Comprehending and Fluency -
Thinking, Talking, and Writing about Reading K-8, also by Fountas and
Pinnell.  It has all the stuff that Guided Reading does in it, but it's much
more comprehensive and represents their latest thinking.  The book is set up
so that you could easily do the K-2 parts of it only, but it would have
other uses as well.  It includes more components of balanced literacy
besides guided reading, and that's really essential for maximum growth in a
child.  At least check out the descriptions on amazon or barnes and noble
before you decide.  Bev