From: mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org] On Behalf Of Waingort
Jimenez, Elisa
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:47 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Building
comprehensionofquestions-washeartbreak/response to R...

OK, Lori.  Now, please do tell us more about No More Letter of the Week.
Thanks,
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched. They must be felt within the heart.
-Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

We have seen some amazing results this year in kindergarten classrooms
using No More Letter of The Week as a means of introducing and building
letter-sound associations in combination with a guided writing approach
that emphasizes shared composition and teacher modeling of invented
spelling (that becomes more sophisticated across the year).

This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and
is the property of the Board of Education of Deerfield Public School District
No. 109.
It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain,
copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you
have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
all
copies of this message.