I do a summer literacy camp during the month of June at my school.  Another
center I use is games from the Florida Center for Reading Research and give
the parents the website.  Another center is online free computer games for
letter recognition, phoneme awareness, etc.  The book I read to show parents
how to do before/during/after reading with their child is Edward and the
Pirates.
I modeled and then they had to do the before/during/after with their own
child with another book.  Quite interesting!

Jane A. Watson
Curriculum Strategist
Ruston Elementary School
200 N. Bernard St.