Patricia

I walk everyday and stop at the high school for weights. Many of my students see me walking and know my the area.

In my gym bag I have:
work out clothes: shirt, shorts, pants, sweatshirt,socks
shoes
phone
deodorant - because I sweat and what if I meet someone I know
nail file- in case I break a nail
extra shirt
extra socks
kleenex travel size-nose manageable might run
camera I might see something I want to take a picture of
energy bar- I go after school and get hungry
sweat towel- wipe off sweat
suntan lotion- don't want to get burned when I walk

As we discuss the contents the students say things like leave the camera because you can take a picture on your phone. Listen to the weather and only bring the clothes you need, use your sleeve for the sweat and leave the towel. take out the deodorant ,store it at school. They decide I don't really need the nail file or the entire kleenex container. If I bring the energy bars in the original box I do not need to carry them each day. I hope this gives you a better idea. We do eliminate many items and the bag is manageable to carry into school each morning. A co worker uses her diaper bag.

Joanne