June
We have had successful implementation of PLCs in my school. They are formed
 in grade levels with a member of the school's instructional leadership
team as  facilitator. The facilitator begins each year by helping each team
establish ground rules. Then, on a half-size chart tablet the team lists
questions or concerns related to students or instruction. The facilitator
tries
to help the team decide upon one question they want to research. THe team
decides upon how they will work to resolve their question...it could be
outside  reading, bringing in an outside person as a resource...Each team is
required to  keep a chart tablet with minutes from each session and they meet
every two weeks  for 45 minute sessions. The tablet is used not only to keep
the PLC focused, but  as a way of sharing what is going in with other grade
levels.
Jennifer
In a message dated 6/19/2009 7:31:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,