What you define as PLCs in my state are SATs (student assistance teams) or RtI
groups.

From: hccarl...@comcast.net

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:28:05
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email
Group<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Professional Learning Communities

This sounds more like trying to integrate the subjects to help students see
connections. This is a common practice at junior high so that students see how
the different subjects are related.

I see PLCs as more like Jennifer stated. You use data to identify an area that
needs to be improved. Then, all teachers identify strategies or practices for
their individual area to work on. Progress monitoring is a regular part of this
to see if the intervention is actually working. The progress monitoring is not
to evaluate teachers but rather who is the inervention working for. If it is
not working, what other strategies should be in place to help the student/s
make progress.

Carol