I don't know about third grade, but I'm teaching 4th this year and am using
a reading genre bingo sheet each quarter to encourage my kids to read
different genres.  They are reading mostly chapter books, so I it takes 4
books of different genres to complete a bingo.
Martha/AZ/4

Martha,
Do they have to read a set amount of books they need to read?  Is there an
award if they get Bingo?  Do the kids enjoy the program?
Leslie

Leslie R.Stewart
Grade 3 Teacher
lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us
203-481-5386, 203-483-0749 FAX

To feel most beautifully alive means to be reading something beautiful,  ready
always to apprehend in the flow of language the sudden flash of poetry.  ~
Gaston Bachelard ~