Let them read--independently, with each other, reader's theater to present to the class ----- Original Message ----- From: "B G" <baguzma...@yahoo.com> To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:10 PM
Subject: [MOSAIC] advanced kinders

Does anyone have any ideas for working with 2 advanced Kindergartners who are able to read end of 1st grade level according to the DRA? Our classroom reading progam is Macmillan Treasures which teaches a lot of phonics in Kindergarten. These children don't need this and must be bored sitting through this although teachers also include quite a bit of literature. We are looking for some things these 2 girls could do more independently while the other children are learning letters and sounds. We do have a TAG teacher but 1/2 hour once a week will just be enough time to get them started on something. Any ideas out there?