I don't know of riddle poems, but I've used the Haiku in the book "If Not for
the Cat" by Jack Prelutsky to teach inferencing.  I don't show the
illustrations and students use the clues to infer what animal the poem is
about.  The vocabulary is very rich, and I think very appropriate for 4th
grade; I used it with 3rd.

Kristin