The objective is whatever the student should answer to the question, "What
am I supposed to learn during this lesson?" If the focus is on making
connections to the text, then today's objective could be on choosing natural
"Stop and think" points within the text. Tomorrow's objective could be
to record my thoughts while I read. As teachers, we have our own way of
thinking about objectives, but when we post objectives on the board, we need
to break it down into smaller chunks for our students.

Kare