From: cnjpal...@aol.com
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Sun, Nov 8, 2009 1:30 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] objective vs strategy

There was an article in Reading Teacher a while back that argued that a skill was a strategy made automatic and unconscious. ...By that argument, if
you  want kids to make connections as an automatic thing when they
read...then it is a skill. Otherwise if kids are consciously using it as a tool, it is a strategy. As for objective...what do you want the kids to be able to do
with connections  and how well do you want it to be learned?

Does that help or have I muddied the waters?
Jennifer

In a message dated 11/8/2009 1:02:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,