I've always thought of the objective as a subsection of a goal.  The goal could
be to become strategic readers.  One objective could be a strategy to move kids
along to achieving that goal.  I have to admit that I have a negative reaction
when I hear the term "objective" because I remember curriculum guides in the US
many years ago, maybe still true, where the objectives for one goal or standard
could take all year and still you wouldn't have gotten to the essential stuff.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

Our district is moving towards having teachers post their objectives and
children being aware of the objective.  We are having difficulty coming to
terms with our objectives.  Is making connections to text an objective or a
strategy/skill?  I feel the objective is always to become stronger readers and
the way we teach the children to become stronger readers is the strategy, but
it is confusing.

Leslie R. Stewart
Grade 3 Teacher
lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us<mailto:lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us>