This is our first year using AIMSWeb at the middle school. It is helping us to identify students who may need an intervention....but we use additional data to make those decisions. We have made errors with student placements into interventions, but it is a starting point. All students get the MAZE three times per year. Students who score in the bottom 25% get a CBM. Then we look at their CBMs and other data to decide further action.

The jury is still out as far as whether or not it has been useful. I feel that perhaps we could be doing the same thing by more closely analyzing the data we already have. Our students are tested to death...MAPS 3 times per year, ISAT, and AIMSweb 3 times per year. TOO MUCH!

Barb

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:20:36 -0600