Greetings!  Anyone have info they'd be willing to share on Rev War
references/sitea/units they've done/used?  I teach reading to all the 5th
graders in my building so I'm primarily looking for literacy related items
rather than social studies.

I thought perhaps I might begin the unit by posting 3 large pieces of butcher
paper around the room. I'd give the kiddos sticky notes on which they could
write what they Know and stick them on that sheet, Want to know, etc. This in
lieu of sitting at their desk making their own KWL(Q) chart.

After reviewing their postings, I thought perhaps a UnitedStreaming video - BUT
- that seems to place more focus on the social studies portion rather than on
the literature of the time and one of the other 5th grade teachers has the SS
part covered.  I'm wondering if I should focus on the people and the role they
played in the war to the end that students would select a person from that era,
read about/research them and journal/prepare a presentation about what they
learn. ?????  Our fantastic librarian purchased multiple copies of (leveled!)
books about people of the time so I can assign lit circles/book clubs as well.

Would love to hear what others have done.
Judy