One of my favorites is:Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners  by Laurie KellerIt
is based on the Golden Rule and very amusing!
Another one I enjoy is an oldie:Miss Nelson is MissingI read them the book on
the first day of school and discuss how their teacher can be Miss Nelson or
Miss Viola Swamp - of course they want Miss Nelson so we start an anchor chart
titled KEEP OUT MISS VIOLA SWAMP!!!Then I have the students focus on positive
things we can do to keep her out - from this our classroom rules are created. I
have done this in both 2nd and 3rd grade and the students always remember it.
'The OK Book' is a great book to teach that it is OK to be OK at something - I
have the kids draw a picture of something they are an expert at and then after
we read the story they draw a picture of something they are just OK at.
I have a few more but I can't seem to remember them right now...

Rosa