The title says 3 -6 but I think 2nd easily with slight changes in some
places or more demonstration/support from teacher.  I am a big fan of
reading books from my heroes like Lucy and Nancy Atwell and Ralph and Katie
Wood Ray.  And I am not a fan of too practical pre done activities.  This is
a rare combination of thoughtful and very hands on and I love the way it
supports children in taking ownership of their own learning.  Franki
Sibberson is often on the choice literacy website.  I find this book just
plain terrific and I've been doing workshop for a long long time.

Sally