Renee,
stealing your Art Costa quote and putting it on Facebook :)

As for your comment that it is newer teachers that look for program, I have
to differ. In my 29 years in the classroom I have found that there have
always been teachers like this, and that some of the newer teachers are more
like me. This is why TAWL began in the 80's- as a support group for
like-minded teachers drowning in a sea of indifference.

I think this goes back to another debate we once had back on TAWL when I was
using my Packard Bell computer (oy vey) which is whether the level of
intelligence of the teacher makes a difference in how she/he is able to
teach and think about teaching. We once discussed whether Whole Language,
which requires so much self-reflection, constant research and kid-watching
and decision-making, would only work for thought-full and deep-thinking
teachers. I realize I risk re-opening that old can of worms, but oh well...

Maureen