This is not a reading program but an incentive program....this may help. I
know my kids love it!
_http://www.bookitprogram.com/_ (http://www.bookitprogram.com/)

Ali/FL

In a message dated 4/8/2012 9:32:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lcasta...@linden.k12.nj.us writes:

http://www.americanreading.com/

American  Reading Company is expensive but it puts books into the hands of
every  child.
Each student gets leveled and takes home books each night.   There is
a chart and a log.
Check it  out

Lin
-----Original Message-----From: Jennifer Olimpieri  Sent: 4/8/2012 9:11:00
PMTo: "Mosaic: A
Reading Comprehension Strategies  Email Group" , "Mosaic: A Reading
Comprehension Strategies Email Group" Cc:  Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] School wide
reading.
Hi. I work in a k-5 school as  a reading consultant. We currently have a
monthly calendar that kids turn in  to get a small prize. At the end of the
year the
get recognized, so on and  so forth. However, the program is old and not
very enticing. The younger ones  are usually the ones turning in their
calendars but
mostly it is  ineffective anymore. I would like to revitalize a school wide
reading program.  Does anyone have fresh and exciting ideas that is easily
recordable
but  effective? I would live to hear ideas out there. Thanks!

Search  the MOSAIC archives at  http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive