http://www.americanreading.com/

American Reading Company is expensive but it puts books into the hands of every
child.
Each student gets leveled and takes home books each night.  There is a
chart and a log.
Check it out

Lin
-----Original Message-----From: Jennifer Olimpieri Sent: 4/8/2012 9:11:00 PMTo:
"Mosaic: A
Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group" , "Mosaic: A Reading
Comprehension Strategies Email Group" Cc: Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] School wide
reading.
Hi. I work in a k-5 school as a reading consultant. We currently have a monthly
calendar that kids turn in to get a small prize. At the end of the year the
get recognized, so on and so forth. However, the program is old and not very
enticing. The younger ones are usually the ones turning in their calendars but
mostly it is ineffective anymore. I would like to revitalize a school wide
reading program. Does anyone have fresh and exciting ideas that is easily
recordable
but effective? I would live to hear ideas out there. Thanks!