John Cook, Nebraska's legendary volleyball coach, says, "It's all about the
reps.  All about the reps."  The question remains which reps.  I would
contend that a VB practice would include putting skills together that
really shouldn't have been taken apart would be more valuable than reps of
(1) running to the net, (2) at the net, jumping up with hand extended, (3)
from a jumping position, kill the ball.  You teach all the individual
skills THAT ARE NECESSARY IN THE LONG TERM to be successful.  Those simply
aren't isolated skills in any authentic reading task.  An example of poor
reps to do to succeed in the short term, but fail in the long term, would
be running pall mall across the court no matter what position you're
playing to return the ball even if it forces other players to disengage
from plans.  It's nice maybe, it looks like the girl is "hustling," but it
creates some very bad habits, even though it's real flashy up front.

Another favorite quote, "If you don't really know where you want to go, how
will you know when you get there?"

Leaders in education today seem to fail when it comes to panorama views.
 Sometimes you just have to change your viewer.

I also like, “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything
that can be counted counts.”  That's great to think about when we assess
the daylights out of everyone."

--
‎"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not
fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau